The Garden TOOLS lesson set is an agricultural technology and engineering curriculum designed for use with students in grades 3-5.
Informed Decision Making
3-LS4-4 3-5-ETS1-2 4-PS3-2 4-PS3-4 4-ESS3-2 3-5-ETS1-1
Full lesson set: Google Doc
- Lesson 1: Exploring initial ideas about technology in the garden
- Lesson 2: Introducing the BBC microbit
- Lesson 3: Exploring the power of computers and computational thinking in everyday life
How can we beautify the garden with art or music?
- Lesson 4: Creating garden art
- Lesson 5: Animating your garden art with a fruit button
- Lesson 6: Modifying the fruit button code to play garden music
How can technology help us to manage our garden better?
- Lesson 7: Exploring weather and other environmental conditions in the garden
- Lesson 8: Using data to make better decisions
- Lesson 9: Precision agriculture technologies
- Lesson 10: Agricultural automation and robotics technologies
- Lesson 11: Agricultural biotechnology
Can we create our own technology solutions to a real garden challenge?